04 April 2009

Now that Easter draws near I thought I should take the time to reflect upon the very thing I gave up for Lent--facebook. My silly butt thought that I did something unique by giving up facebook. Go ahead, laugh at me but I'm being honest. The NPR show All Things Considered and, later that week, Kent Jones on The Rachel Maddow Show mentioning how weak the move was on his "Weak In Review" segment burst the bubble.

I thought that with giving up facebook I would also give up the drama that facebook brings. How I was so wrong. It all involves two people, one nasty break-up and a whole mess of he said-she said. I won't go into much detail here for several reasons. First and foremost, I want to respect the privacy of the people involved. Second, the story is chock full of allegations so it has been challenging to discern what is true and what isn't. Thirdly, I really don't feel like typing all of that stuff!

The relationship, ultimately, was one involving people who couldn't let go of past loves, feelings of insecurity, selfishness and, in my opinion, stupidity. All of this, however, is beside the point. The point is that in my respite from facebook coupled with my crazy schedule I have still managed to get caught up in it somewhat.

When things like that happen one must take a moment to reflect. The world is in such disarray right now on just about every level. Who really has time for one more drama-filled thing? If you realize that something won't work--no matter how much you try to force it to--then it isn't worth it. Why put yourself through so much extra unnecessary stress? It got to the point where I had to remove myself from both parties for a spell because I really didn't want to be involved. Unfortunately for me, whenever someone comes to me for advice I give them a very honest assessment of how I see and hear things and that keeps a small part of me in it. Maybe I should charge for my services. It'll be interesting to see how long the silence lasts...

My character has been challenged because of all of this by quite a few people. I had my loyalty questioned which I'll clear up here right now--I don't make it a point to be loyal to much of anyone. I won't try to hurt or sabotage you but you don't give out loyalty liberally. That's just stupid. I guess my whole issue with this is that instead of people coming to me to ask what exactly I said or did they assume everything and judge me accordingly. To those who have made it a point to do that I will say this: PISS OFF! I won't lie to you about anything because the truth will rear its ugly head sooner or later. But don't think that you are in the right because you feel you made an accurate assumption of me. I'ma tell ya right now--you're a bigger idiot than I thought if you feel secure in your assumption.

On the flip side of that, if multiple people are telling you the same thing at any given point then either one of two things is true: 1. We are all crazy or 2. You are effin' up BIG TIME. It's not that hard to figure out.

All of what has happened has led me to believe wholeheartedly that you guys really need lives. GET IT TOGETHER and leave the people who have something to do alone! Period.

No comments: